Solihull Sixth Form College has over 2,400 students, which makes the college one of the largest sixth form colleges in the country. Student voice involves the opinions, beliefs, and perspectives of all students. Listening to the collective student voice means that we listen to and respond to what really matters to our students.
During their time here, there will a range of opportunities for students to have their voice heard:
- Curriculum student voice where students will be able to discuss aspects of their teaching, learning and assessment within a curriculum area
- Coaching Student Voice Leaders who share the views of their academic coaching group to the student council
- Question time event where students pose questions to the principal
- Formal student questionnaires which provide students the opportunity to share their opinions on a wide range of aspects of college life.
- The student council work closely with the college’s senior leadership team. Two members of Student Council are also on the College’s Corporate Board and student council Members are involved in the appointment of new staff.
Student Council members 2022-2023
Daisy Maskell – Chair
Paige Thompson – Deputy Vice Chair and Treasurer
Ruqayyah Ali – Publicity Officer
Eryn Bloom – Charity Officer
Elyse Daley Gooden – Voice Officer
Mahira Rahman – Events Officer
Zavira Salahudeen – Student Ambassador
Shiza Adeel – Student Ambassador
Fartun Abdulahai – Student Ambassador
Ibrahim Elmi – Student Ambassador
Hamza Ali – Student Ambassador