Recording of Attendance and Punctuality
- We operate an electronic registration system. Attendance is recorded for every timetabled class and you can view your attendance at any time on Tyber.
- If you arrive after the start of the lesson you will receive a late mark. If you are more than 15 minutes late you will receive a very late mark.
- If there are issues with your attendance and punctuality, your teachers will discuss this with you through a commitment interview. If the issues continue this may lead to a commitment contract and the involvement of parents/carers. The ultimate sanction is exclusion from College.
- There are also programme attendance checks every 4 weeks and unacceptable levels of attendance and punctuality are communicated in writing to parents/carers and discussed with Academic Coaches in one-to-one sessions.
- If there are extenuating reasons for absence, we encourage you to talk these through with your Academic Coach.
Reporting of Absence
- The College should be informed early on the first day of absence. We prefer that you contact us via Tyber. Both students and parents can do this. Simple click on “Report Absence”, fill in the specified fields relating to reason for absence and give an indication of how long you are likely to be off.
- If you are unable to register your absence via Tyber please telephone us on the Absence Line on 0121 709 7808 and provide the following information: name, date of birth, coaching set group and reason for and length of absence. Where there is concern about the authenticity of a message, the College will seek confirmation of the absence by phone or mail.
Parental Access to Tyber: Parents can access information about their son/daughter on Tyber – simply click here and login with the details we have sent in the post. Call 0121 704 2581 if you do not have login details.