Recording of Attendance and Punctuality
- We operate an electronic registration system. Attendance is recorded for every timetabled class and attendance can be viewed on Arbor at any time.
- If you arrive after the start of the lesson you will receive a late mark. The number of minutes you are late will be recorded on the register.
- If there are issues with your attendance and punctuality, your teachers will discuss this with you through a formal behaviour intervention (FI). If the issues continue this may lead to a Middle Leader Intervention and on to a Senior Leader Intervention. Parents/carers will be involved. The ultimate sanction is exclusion from College.
- If there are extenuating reasons for absence, we encourage you to talk these through with your Academic Coach.
Reporting of Absence
- The College should be informed early on the first day of absence. You must contact us through the College website (Student zone: Report absence). Both students and parents can do this. Simple click on “Report Absence”, fill in the specified fields relating to reason for absence and give an indication of how long you are likely to be off.
- If you are unable to register your absence via the website please telephone us on 0121 704 2581 and provide the following information: name, date of birth, coaching set group and reason for and length of absence. Where there is concern about the authenticity of a message, the College will seek confirmation of the absence by phone or mail.
Parental Access to Arbor: Parents/carers can access information about their young person on Arbor. Call 0121 704 2581 if you do not have login details.