The College has a dedicated Exams Office, with staff who ensure examinations are efficiently organised and exam results are promptly delivered to students. They are also on hand to help students with any queries they may have about exams and to organise copies of exam scripts and re-takes if necessary.
Dates for 2022 Exam Results Day – Applied levels and GCE A/AS levels and BTEC Nationals – Thursday 18 August from 8:00am on your Arbor exams page.
GCSE – Thursday 25 August from 8:00am on your Arbor page.
POST RESULT SERVICES
For Exams sat in Summer 2022
From Results Day (18 August), you may wish to apply for review of marking or order your script from the Awarding Organisation. It is advisable to speak with a Senior Member of staff to help you make a decision as to whether you would benefit from a review of marking.
There are two ways to apply and pay for this service.
- Visit the College Moodle page and click on Student Services then select the Exam page. Scroll down to Post Result Services. There you will find the link to PRS application form. Complete this form and follow the information and email it directly to the exams office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Within the form is the link to a ParentPay shop. You will not need a password to access this shop. Select the service you require and make a card payment.
- Visit the Exams Office and complete the PRS form and pay via credit/debit card. Please be aware of the deadlines when placing your order.
If you need any advice or have a query regarding the above information, please do not hesitate to contact the exams office on 0121 704 2581 and speak to a member of the exam team.
The deadlines are on the Exams Moodle page, together with a full explanation of each service on the Priority Review application form. These deadlines and costs are also detailed below:
- Priority Review of Marking – 1:00pm on 24 August – £65.
- Clerical Check- 1:00pm on 24 August – £20
- Priority Access to Scripts – 1:00pm on 31 August – £20
- Non-Priority Review of Marking – 1:00pm 28 on September – £55
- Original copy of Script – 1:00pm on 28 September £1
External Candidate Re-sit Exam Entry Criteria for 2023:
External candidates wishing to re-sit, will need to seek approval of a member of our Senior Leadership Team (SLT). They are only permitted to re-sit a subject which they sat in Summer 2022 and they have previously studied at this College. They must also qualify under the following circumstances:
- Exemplary student record
- Over 90% attendance whilst on previous course
- Missed a University place
- Not allowed to re-sit coursework units
Details are available on Exams Moodle page.
Once they have spoken with a member of SLT, they can apply to the Exams Office for an External Candidate re-sit form. They must email email@example.com on or after 29 October 2022 and the deadline for re-sit entry to be made is 29 January 2023.
If you’ve completed your studies and require your certificates. Visit the ParentPay website and pay £3.50 via card payment and the exams office will post your certificates by first class recorded delivery.
Note that we hold certificates for up to 5 years from the year you completed your studies.
If you have any queries with regards obtaining your certificates, please contact the exams office by telephoning 0121 704 2581 or emailing the Exams Office.
In the unfortunate event that exam certificates are lost, students will need to apply directly to the Awarding Bodies for replacement statement of results at a cost of approximately £40. Listed below are the direct links to Awarding Body Websites.
The JCQ documents shown below should be read before candidates take external exams at this centre. It is also recommended that the College’s own exam arrangement document be read so that candidates are fully prepared.
Information for candidates for written examinations (AQA, City & Guilds, CCEA, OCR, Pearson, WJEC)
Information for candidates for non-examination assessments (AQA, OCR, Pearson and WJEC)
Information for Candidates – On-Screen Tests
Information for candidates – Privacy Notice
Information for candidates – Coursework Assessments
Information for candidates – Using Social Media
College Exam Arrangements
College Examination Policy
College BTEC Policy