Do you want to stand out from the crowd?
Participating in our enrichment programme alongside your academic programme will help develop your skills, knowledge and experience giving you the edge when applying for further education courses or employment. Find out more about the opportunities in this guide.
• Personal & Skills Development – develop your professional and personal skills to improve your employability and application success.
• Additional Qualifications – add to your CV and give applications a boost with a new qualification.
• Academies & Schools – deepen your subject knowledge with an academy or school and link to an EPQ for an additional qualification. Read more in-depth information on our Specialist Academies page.
• Performance – develop your musical and drama skills.
• Sport – join a College team and play competitively.
• Societies & Social Development – meet students who share the same interests as you and take a lead in developing student experience.
You can get an overview of the enrichment options available by downloading our Enrichment Guide.
The Student Societies mentioned above not only give you a break from your studies, but it’s a way of making new friends with people who like the same things you like. It also helps you to develop new skills and become a well-rounded student who is at a distinct advantage when it comes to applying to university or for jobs. In recent years societies have included the Anime Manga Society, Chess Club, Film Society, Debate Society, Gaming Society, Islamic Society, Sikh Society and Christian Union.
Students can also get involved in the running of the College by joining the Student Council or becoming a Coaching Set Representative. Elections are held to pick the Student Council Executive. We also regularly involve students in student conferences, focus groups and in interview panels when employing new teachers. We want students to have a voice!