For a 3 A Level programme, entry criteria are:
• At least two grade 6s at GCSE
• At least a further three grade 4s at GCSE
• You should have at least a grade 4 in GCSE English Language and Mathematics. There are a limited number of BTEC courses which you may be able to take with a minimum of a grade 3 in either English Language or Mathematics, and in this case you will need to retake this subject as part of your programme.
For a 4 A Level programme, entry criteria are:
• At least 5 grade 7’s or above at GCSE
• You should have at least a grade 6 in GCSE English Language and Mathematics.
• Students picking Mathematics and Further Mathematics will need to get at least a grade 7 in GCSE Mathematics.
Please note that there may be additional entry requirements specific to particular courses – please check each course listing on our website carefully to ensure you understand these entry requirements.
Please note that GCSE courses are now graded 9-1 (grade 9 being the top grade). If you sat any of your GCSEs before this year, you will have been graded A*-G. Grade 4 is roughly equivalent to a C grade, grade 6 to a B grade and grade 7 to an A grade.