Books and other College equipment must be looked after. Loss or damage of these in the care of a
student will need to be paid for. Students are responsible for their own mobile devices and personal belongings when in College and must ensure that any personal charging equipment they use in College meets EU safety standards. Students are liable for damage caused by substandard equipment and charging of such equipment should only be done where it is safe and responsible to do so.
We place importance on the security of people, premises and possessions. To ensure a secure environment:
- the site is surveyed by CCTV cameras that are linked to a recording system.
- all students and staff are issued with College ID cards, which should be carried at all times. You will not be able to gain access to the site without your card.
- we ask everyone to be vigilant and to report anyone or anything suspicious to a member of staff, at reception or to one of the security guards.
- everyone is asked to take care of their personal belongings by keeping valuables on their person and by locking bicycles and cars.
- if staff or students see anyone on site who is not a member of the College community they must report it to Reception and/or Security immediately.
The Refectory is open for breakfast, through break time and at lunchtime. A range of hot and cold drinks, breakfast food and snacks are available, as well as a selection of hot meals and ‘meal deals’ at lunchtime.
Although car parking space is tight at the College, a limited number of parking permits are available to purchase. If you have a current blue disability badge, parking will be free of charge. Otherwise, parking will cost £2 per day (payable termly) and permits will be issued on a first come, first served basis. We regularly check for permits on the cars parked on campus.
Charges are made for the whole term based on the number of teaching days per term with the exception of the summer term where a reduced cost is applied to reflect the exam period. Students can choose to pay £306 to guarantee a space for three terms or choose to pay termly (Autumn Term: £128; Spring Term: £128; Summer Term: £50). Payment can be made by Parentpay, cash or cheque. Please contact Student Reception in Hampton for further details.
There is a 5 mph limit on the College site and you must drive with due care and attention. Any instance of unacceptable behaviour in relation to driving or parking will result in a permanent ban on bringing a vehicle to College. If you are involved or witness a traffic accident on the premises, you should report the matter to Reception immediately.