What is a Young Adult Carer?
A Young Adult Carer is someone aged 16 – 25 who helps support someone in their family, or household who is disabled, mentally or physically ill, has a long term serious illness or has a substance misuse problem.
- Young Adult Carers are a vulnerable Group.
- There is a duty of care to identify and support Young Adult carers.
- 1 in 5 College students are young adult carers.
Support in College
- Dedicated support worker – Amy Flower in Malvern Room M213A (Ext 2555)
- One-to-one support
- Young Adult Carers ID Card
- Help with student Finance
- Help with attendance issues
- Drop-in and group support
For information local Young Adult Carers Support
Please also see our Young Carers Policy.