The College joined the Summit Learning Trust (formerly the Ninestiles Academy Trust) on 1 August 2017. This Trust comprises of three Secondary schools, four Primary schools, a Sixth Form College and a SCITT all in the Birmingham and Solihull area.
Summit Learning Trust
Board of Trustees
Catherine Anwar – Chief Executive
Karen Crowston – Chair
Richard Beamish – Vice Chair
Dr Ateef Azam
Dr Karen Roberts
Governor Membership 2020/21:
The Local Governing Body’s Role
Our Local Governing Body plays an important role in supporting the Board of Trustees and providing key elements of local governance for the College. The Local Governing Body is responsible for:
- Ensuring the College is operating within the mission and ethos of the Trust and contributing to the Trust’s key strategic priorities.
- Monitoring the quality of teaching and learning, attendance, behaviour and safety, within the College and progress against the College improvement plan, monitored termly.
- Holding College leaders to account for improvement of standards in the College.
- Engaging with wider College activities as a means of monitoring overall quality.
- Implementing and reviewing the Trust’s Safeguarding Policy and ensuring that the College maintains a ‘culture of vigilance’ in respect of all safeguarding matters.
- Keeping up-to-date with safeguarding training, ensuring that staff are trained and that there is a safeguarding governor on the Local Governing Body.
- Implementation of the Health and Safety Policy, and responsibility for Health and Safety in College.
Minutes of Meetings
Below are the Minutes from meetings of the Local Governing Board:
Minutes of Meeting 24 January 2019
Minutes of Meeting 4 July 2019
Minutes of Meeting 9 October 2019
Minutes of Meeting 11 December 2019
Minutes of Meeting 11 March 2020
Minutes of Meeting 10 June 2020
Minutes of Meeting 7 October 2020
Minutes of Meeting 9 December 2020
Minutes of Meeting 3 March 2021
Minutes of Meeting 9 June 2021
Attendance at Local Governing Body meetings during the 2019/20 academic year are shown below for 2019/20 and 2020/21:
Further information on governance within the Trust, including the Minutes of meetings, is available on the Summit Learning Trust Governance. Information and Policies, including annual accounts are available here.