The College joined the Summit Learning Trust (formerly the Ninestiles Academy Trust) on 1 August 2017. This Trust comprises of three Secondary schools, four Primary schools, a Sixth Form College and a SCITT all in the Birmingham and Solihull area.
Summit Learning Trust
Board of Trustees
Catherine Anwar – Chief Executive
Alan Price – Chair
Karen Crowston – Vice Chair
Mary Le Breuilly
Membership of Solihull Sixth Form College’s Local Governing body:
The Local Governing Body’s Role
Our Local Governing Body plays an important role in supporting the Board of Trustees and providing key elements of local governance for the College. The Local Governing Body is responsible for:
- Ensuring the College is operating within the mission and ethos of the Trust and contributing to the Trust’s key strategic priorities.
- Monitoring the quality of teaching and learning, attendance, behaviour and safety, within the College and progress against the College improvement plan, monitored termly.
- Holding College leaders to account for improvement of standards in the College.
- Engaging with wider College activities as a means of monitoring overall quality.
- Implementing and reviewing the Trust’s Safeguarding Policy and ensuring that the College maintains a ‘culture of vigilance’ in respect of all safeguarding matters.
- Keeping up-to-date with safeguarding training, ensuring that staff are trained and that there is a safeguarding governor on the Local Governing Body.
- Implementation of the Health and Safety Policy, and responsibility for Health and Safety in College.
Minutes of Meetings
Below are the Minutes from meetings of the Local Governing Board:
Further information on governance within the Trust, including the Minutes of meetings, is available on the Summit Learning Trust website.