The College takes its responsibilities for safeguarding very seriously. If, for any reason, you have concerns for your own safety or well-being, or the safety or well-being of others, you should report these concerns to a member of staff. These concerns could be in relation to physical, emotional or sexual abuse, neglect, sexual exploitation, female genital mutilation, radicalisation, forced marriage and honour-based violence, domestic violence or e-safety for example.
The College has policies for safeguarding and e-safety, which are available as PDF downloads. The Safeguarding team comprises seven Designated Safeguarding Leads (often referred to as DSL) for Child Protection / Safeguarding:
• Jamie Staddon – Vice Principal and Lead
• Janice Hamilton – Vice Principal
• Trevor Irving – Assistant Principal
• Sonia Wood – Assistant Principal
• Zoe Bereza – Assistant Principal
• Oona Stone – Assistant Principal
• Louise Dale-Barron – Assistant Principal
• Richard Hammond – Assistant Principal
• Caroline Sweeney – Curriculum Leader for Additional Learning Support
Under the Counter Terrorism and Security Act 2015, the College has a legal duty to work to prevent young people from being drawn into terrorism and extremism. If you have any concerns, either in relation to your own situation, or that of other students, please speak to any member of staff, who will refer you to the Designated Safeguarding Lead. Further information is available on www.gov.uk/government/publications/prevent-duty-guidance and at www.preventtragedies.co.uk.