The College has been part of the Summit Learning Trust since August 2017. Our Trust comprises of three Secondary schools (Ninestiles, Lyndon and Cockshut Hill), four Primary schools (Yarnfield, The Oaklands, Pegasus and Erdington Hall), a SCITT and ourselves Solihull Sixth Form College – all in the Birmingham and Solihull area.
Summit Learning Trust
Tel: 0121 624 9010
Dr Ateef Azam
Board of Trustees
Vince Green – Chief Executive
Karen Crowston – Chair
Richard Beamish – Vice Chair
Governor Membership 2023/24:
The Local Governing Body’s Role
Our Local Governing Body plays an important role in supporting the Board of Trustees and providing key elements of local governance for the College. The Local Governing Body is responsible for:
- Ensuring the College is operating within the mission and ethos of the Trust and contributing to the Trust’s key strategic priorities.
- Monitoring the quality of teaching and learning, attendance, behaviour and safety, within the College and progress against the College improvement plan, monitored termly.
- Holding College leaders to account for improvement of standards in the College.
- Engaging with wider College activities as a means of monitoring overall quality.
- Implementing and reviewing the Trust’s Safeguarding Policy and ensuring that the College maintains a ‘culture of vigilance’ in respect of all safeguarding matters.
- Keeping up-to-date with safeguarding training, ensuring that staff are trained and that there is a safeguarding governor on the Local Governing Body.
- Implementation of the Health and Safety Policy, and responsibility for Health and Safety in College.
Attendance at Solihull Sixth Form College Local Governing Body Meetings in the 2022/23 Academic Year and the 2023/24 Academic Year to date is shown below:
Further information on governance within the Trust, including the Minutes of meetings, is available on Summit Learning Trust Governance.