Frequently Asked Questions

This section should help answer the mostly commonly asked questions that students have. If what you want to know is not written down here, please ask your academic coach or post a question on the College’s Facebook or Twitter pages.

If I start course and don’t like it can I drop it?

You are advised to think carefully about your choice because subject change is not usually advisable and may not be possible once lessons have started. In any event, you must continue to study a full programme, as we do not have any part-time students at the College.

Is there somewhere to leave my books and equipment?

There are lockers available on a first-come-first-serve basis. If you would like a locker, please pay your £15 refundable deposit for a locker key at and then come along to Central Administration in the Meriden Building (between 09:15 – 14:30 Monday – Thursday or 09:15 – 14:00 Friday).

Can I apply for a bus pass?

Yes. Network West Midlands provide bus travel for students at a reduced rate. To apply for a 16-18 photocard, visit their website at You can then pay in cash every time you use the bus or load your Swift-enabled card with termly passes.

Can I bring my bike into College?

Yes. There is space available for students to secure their bikes while they are in College in our bike shed in front of the Sports Centre and Dance Studio and, given the restrictions on the number of car parking spaces available, this is a good alternative for students.

Is car parking available?

Car parking space is tight at the College, but a limited number of parking permits are available to purchase. If you have a current blue disability badge, parking will be free of charge. Otherwise, parking will cost £2 per day (payable termly) and permits will be issued on a first come, first served basis. Charges are made for the whole term based on the number of teaching days per term with the exception of term 3 where a reduced cost is applied to reflect the exam period. Students can choose to pay £324 to guarantee a space for three terms or choose to pay termly (Autumn Term: £152; Spring Term: £130; Summer Term: £38). Payment can be made by Parentpay, cash or cheque. Please contact the Central Admin Office (in Meriden) for further details.

Is there any financial support available?

The College operates a Bursary Fund, which is a discretionary means-tested award administered by the College to assist students in hardship so that they may continue with their studies. The fund is primarily for vulnerable students in care, care leavers, those in receipt of Income Support and disabled students in receipt of both Employment Support Allowance and Disability Living Allowance. There will also be some funding available to help other students in hardship with course-related costs such as books and equipment as well as travel to College. These funds are limited and may only provide a contribution towards such costs. Free Meals may also be available as well to students who meet certain criteria.

Who should I speak to if I have questions?

Your Academic Coach should be your first point of contact. He/she will be able to guide you on a range of issues. The best way to book a one-to-one appointment with your coach is by sending them a message on Tyber. If you need to speak to a senior manager, appointments can be booked by going to Hampton Room H115. You can also post questions on the College’s Facebook ( and Twitter ( pages too. We will endeavour to answer your questions as quickly as possible. Remember, staff on Main Reception in Hampton building are always available to help with information and queries as well.

Where can I go for Careers advice?

Your Academic Coach will provide lots of guidance if you ask for it, but you can also book appointments to see specialist Careers staff in the Careers Office in the Learning Resource Centre, Kitson building or send a Tyber message to Emma Podmore.

How do I find out more about College Colours?

Please see your Academic Coach for further information, including how to apply for this prestigious award, which will boost your university and job applications.

How do I find out what my exam timetable is?

All the important exam information you need is on Tyber and Moodle. The Exams Office will work on room availability and seating plans for exams and once this work is done a timetable personalised to you will appear on Tyber under your Exams tab. We will update you via Facebook as to when timetables are ready to view on Tyber. Rules and regulations for the taking of exams are found on the Exams page of the Student Services section of Moodle.

How do I arrange exam re-sits, order re-marks or get copies of scripts?

As with exam timetables, information about ordering copies of scripts or resits is all available on the Exams page on Moodle. Please note, the exams boards set strict deadlines for applying for both and do charge fees. The earlier you make applications, the cheaper it will be (£25 for resits if paid online through or £30 if paid by cash or cheque). However, two later deadlines each incur higher fees, so it pays to be organised. The detailed information is on Moodle. Staff in the Exams Office (Hampton Room H223) will also be happy to answer your questions. Their office is located on the ground floor of Hampton, down the corridor leading to the Refectory.


Select your course

Not sure what to study or want to know more about a particular course? Use your course finder to help you decide what is best for you.

Case Studies

Louis Dale

Louis Dale joined the College from one of our partner schools, Langley School. He chose to study A levels with…

Read more