Joining us this September?
You’ll be joining a College with outstanding results in 2019:
- 100% pass rate in 26 advanced level courses
- 568 A* grades at A level/CACHE and distinction* grades at BTEC
- 257 students gained all A/A*s at A level and CACHE or Distinction/Distinction* grades on BTEC courses
- 663 students achieved all A*-C grades at A level/CACHE or Merit and above at BTEC
- 70% A*-C grades at A level
- 89% high grades in BTEC (DDM+) and 100% in CACHE
- 100% pass rate and 93% A*-C in the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ)
We’ll find out our latest results on 13 August!
You’ll also be joining a College with exciting new facilities in the form of a Science and Study Centre, with state-of-the-art facilities for Chemistry and Applied Science and 100 new computers for students to complete independent study.
Almost time to Enrol. Here’s what you need to do!
If you have an offer to study at Solihull Sixth Form College this September you will have a Tyber account. You can login to your Tyber account using your username (e.g. S20xxxx) and password. If you have forgotten your password click on the Forgotten Password link and you can reset it by email.
- On GCSE results day (20 August), login to your Tyber account and upload your exam results. Click here for instructions on how to input those grades.
- Book an enrolment interview to take place on either 25 or 26 August.
- If you cannot make it on either of these dates you must contact the Admissions Office as soon as possible to make alternative arrangements. Failure to do this can result in your place being given to another student.
- When you come in for enrolment make sure you bring with you the Results Statement for all the qualifications you have taken, including GCSE, vocational Level 2 and Key Skills courses (and don’t forget proof of qualifications taken early).
- Make sure you also have proof of ID such as your passport or birth certificate (originals only) when you enrol.
- During enrolment we will check your results and that you meet subject entrance criteria (some subjects have entrance requirements different to the College standard entrance requirements; you can check what they are on the website in the courses area). You will be required to be at the College for approximately one to two hours in order to agree your programme of study, complete any other administration and have an introductory presentation to life at College.
- The photograph for your ID card will be taken electronically on the day of your enrolment. Your ID card is very important and you must carry it with you at all times. You will need it to gain access to the campus and to use the Learning Resource Centre and you must show your card if requested to do so by a member of staff. If you lose your card you will be charged £10 for a replacement.
- At the end of your interview you will be enrolled as a student of the College and given information about the time and day at which you will be required to attend for Induction and the start of term. Induction will take place on Thursday 3 September or Friday 4 September and we will tell you which day when you come in for enrolment.
- Timetables will be published on Tyber by 6.00pm on Sunday 6 September.
- Lessons start after Induction on Monday 7 September.